Wednesday, August 24, 2011

(REVIEW) Tropical Traditions Organic Hair Oils in Lavender



As you may, or may not know, this is my second product I have had the pleasure of reviewing from Tropical Traditions. The first review you can view on my other blog HERE.


For this review, I decided to try out the Organic Hair Oils. I chose the Lavender scent because 1. I love the scent of lavender, and 2. because lavender is supposed to be a relaxing scent (and who doesn't need a feeling of relaxation every once in awhile?).


I received the product yesterday morning, and last night I decided to try it out. On the back of the product, it gives directions for different uses of the product. I used it as a conditioner, but you can also use it for dry scalp, or as a shine serum. I chose conditioning because my hair has been so dry lately. No matter what I used, once my hair dried from washing it, it was like hay. This is an extra big problem for me because right now I am growing out my hair to donate it to Locks for Love. The last thing I want is a head of ratty, dry hair to donate. 


So basically for using it as a conditioner, I applied the product to my dry hair and left it in for an hour before jumping in the shower and doing my regular wash/conditioner (as per the instructions). When I started putting it in my dry hair, I was a bit skeptical. My hair is chest length, and honest to god, it is the thickness of three people's "regular" amount of hair. As I was applying it, I thought to myself, "Shoot. I'm going to have to use the whole bottle to saturate my hair." 


Luckily though, after I applied a generous amount, I was able to run it through to the tips of my hair. I think the bottle should actually state that the product should be combed throughout the hair. Anyway, I saturated my hair, threw a towel on it, and watched a movie.


Once the movie finished, it was time to wash it out. I used my regular shampoo and conditioner, and eventually went to bed.


This morning, I could definitely see the change in my hair. It was not puffy and "hay-like". I straightened my hair (which yes, dries it out even more), and my hair looks great. Today it feels silky, and I LOVE it! It's been awhile since my hair has felt this good. This product is AMAZING.


A few things I want to note about the product that I wasn't overly excited about though are 1. the lavender scent is not a sweet soft scent, it's extremely strong. I was not a huge fan of it. 2. If you have longer hair like mine, or very thick hair like me, you will run out of this product quicker. The product comes in an 8oz. bottle. Unfortunately, it does not look like it comes in a larger size. You'll still get plenty of uses out of it, but with thicker longer hair, you'll obviously have to use more.


So overall, another excellent product from Tropical Traditions. I am a huge hair-freak, so when I rate hair products, I'm especially critical. This product I will highly be recommending!



I would strongly recommend this product because:
  1. It is organic. 
  2. You can read and understand all of the ingredients
  3. It really does wonders on your hair!
  4. It is affordable
  5. There are numerous uses for this product
  6. There are different scents you can choose from (or choose unscented)
  7. Right now Tropical Traditions is selling them for well below retail price
Product Rating:
(the end result is AMAZING)


Experience Rating:
(the strong scent was too much for me, and I had to use quite a bit to saturate all of my hair)




If you are interested in finding out more information on the Organic Hair Oils, Tropical Traditions, or any other products they carry, click HERE.

Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love